10 March 2013

A Bouquet of Biscuits for Mother's Day




I often read Ruth Clemens' Pink Whisk blog and drool over her baking. This week she published a biscuit recipe for Mother's Day so I decided to make a batch that I could give as presents. The biscuit recipe was very easy and my son 'helped' me make it. (Well he played with the lever on the Kitchen Aid!) The blog has very clear, step-by-step, instructions so the flowers were really easy to make too. They just took a long time! I made flowers and petals for 16 biscuits and it took me an hour - maybe with practise I'll get quicker. But I was thrilled with how these turned out. I've given handmade gifts before and been a bit apprehensive about how they are going to be received - I was proud to give these! And the recipient's loved them too. Thanks Ruth!





No comments:

Post a Comment